Thursday, September 1, 2011

some of my stuff








Soooo I made some stuff. There's some of it. That top one is a 3x5".

I'm still  in the process of developing my interests as an artist. My work thus far has begun to explore themes, however loosely, of formal matters such as attention to form, texture, and color. Juxtaposition between things like the garish and beautiful, morbid and erotic, also appear in my work. The pieces I have provided here are examples of my love for capturing and rendering the human form through various media and scopes. I would like to further explore and "flesh out" my interest in the human form and its relation to the beautiful and grotesque, to search between the viscera, the minute pore, and the graceful curve. For the moment, all I can say with some degree of certainty is that I am developing an attention to detail and a genuine love for drawing portraits and figures. Something about bone structures, masking muscles, hanging flesh, is literally fun to draw. I enjoy the process of rending these organic forms, and I visually enjoy the end product, as well as the basis, immensely. I have started to introduce questions of gender and beauty, often through disparaging juxtaposition, in some of my more recent endeavors, though evidence of this is more evident when series are viewed whole.

1 comment:

  1. i really need to invest in a camera with better capturing capabilities...

    ReplyDelete