Friday, February 17, 2012

Post Mod

              The readings from Barret were nice reviews, but I think more appropriate for introducing high school students to post modern ideas and analyses. At this level of education and this far into the program, I felt almost insulted reading something so simplified. I admit, I scanned, because nothing new caught my eye. I don't know how many times I've seen the same things reiterated now throughout my coursework. Of course, it's probably a good thing everything remains so connected and that I feel this comfortable with the information, but I didn't feel stimulated. 

            And that guy, Bloom. Him and his taxonomy, that thing is everywhere. I'm aware of few other approaches, and they seem very similar. Is Bloom's just the more concise/modern one?

I found a presentation for the taxonomy that may be useful:
 http://prezi.com/5i9erqvyfbue/teaching-taxonomies/

And here, Anderson and Krathwohl have an updated version (2000)
 http://www4.uwsp.edu/education/lwilson/curric/newtaxonomy.htm





No comments:

Post a Comment