Wednesday, October 12, 2011

art image conversation

I'm not certain who or what to use for this discussion if it's to tie into the larger lesson we do. I have no idea what I'm going to be doing for the larger lesson.

I thought, though, about connecting the book I used to the art discussion. The illustrator is Jon J Muth, who's work is widely published in children's literature. I'm not sure his illustrations would produce much conversation though.
The other interesting thing that using an artist like Muth provides is the potential for dicussing comic books as art works. Muth is also a comic book illustrator.
As is Dave Mckean, another artist I had in mind who also has some experience in children's illustration.

Because some of his work often involved collage, maybe it would provide a greater possibility for connection with the media exploration lesson?
In either case, a predetermined formal discussion of the images would work, and possibly an interpretive thematic discussion.

A more interesting direction might be to go with Jason Hackenwerth, newly discovered for me, who works with large balloon sculptures. I was thinking of maybe working with balloons for the materials exploration, so this could be a good preemptive tie-in.
Blogger is not letting my add any more pictures at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment